So far, I have used the following methods to prevent or reduce sickness in my house/the daycare:
- Wash my hands until they are raw (Seriously! They are cracking and bleeding and wrinkled like I am 80 years old.)
- Wash everything not nailed down in bleach/water...especially toys that kids love to chew on like little rabbits
- Crack windows even when it is below 40 degrees out in the morning and the heat is on and I am fully aware of the fact that I am basically letting dollar bills float out of the windows
- Give my 2 older children their vitamins on a daily basis (that they wash down with a few pieces of Halloween candy and chocolate milk)
- Get flu shots for the kids (I need to get one but I swear my arm was sore for a month last year after that damn shot)
So please, if you have any suggestions, feel free to share. What I would not like people to share are their nasty germs. Yes, lady that was at Super G the other day barking like a seal with your nasty cough, I am talking to you! Please stay home if you sound that horrible. Thanks.