I have lost about 8 lbs. I need to buckle down. I do really well during the week, then one "free day" over the weekend turns into 2 "free days"...then a holiday comes along and it is basically a free for all.
I was thinking the other day that if the whole big picture goal of losing 20 lbs by Christmas doesn't work out, then maybe I could focus on the little successes along the way. I am trying to remain positive. You know, like a glass half full outlook. Not a plate half full though...because that is how I got in this mess in the first place.
Here are some successes/positives I can focus on when I am feeling like a frumpy mom.
1. I wore a pair of jeans the other day that didn't fit since last year. I like these jeans. So that's cool. I like some other jeans more and would love to wear them too...but the last time they fit was 2004, so I'm not holding my breath. But maybe.
2. My mother in law made the DELICIOUS veggie dip the other day. It had dill in it and I LOVE dill. I am going to try to make it with fat free sour cream and live off veggies for lunch. I'm kinda excited about that. Note to self: Get that recipe ASAP.
3. I have been running at the state park near my house and it is beautiful this time of year. So the running thing has been pretty relaxing.
4. I had a good hair day the other day. Maybe if the whole weight loss thing doesn't pan out, I can focus on finding ways to style my hair to make my face look slimmer.
5. It's still early in the season and we haven't had any illnesses (knock on wood). But who knows? Maybe I can get a nasty stomach virus before the holidays to shed a few of these unwanted pounds. Just kidding. Or am I?
6. I still like wine and drinking wine makes me feel more relaxed. So I will just do that if I am not able to lose the weight. Again, just kidding. Or am I?
7. They say you burn calories when you clean. Luckily, my kids are extra messy so it's a win/win for me. Right? They really make a mess to help me.
8. Shapewear can do wonders these days. Yes, you might pay more for your shapewear than you do for your actual clothes...but you do what you gotta do.
9. I can't be super skinny. My grandmother would always say that you need some meat on your bones just in case you get sick or something like that. You need a protective layer of fat, if you will. So I am extra safe.
10. I lost 8 lbs in 4 weeks...and I really have only been giving it 100% effort for half of that time. If, and only if, I can crack down and get serious, I should be able to reach my goal. So the ball is totally in my court.
I made this ecard a few months ago. It's true, right?
Do you have any tips for losing weight or trying to remain positive when the dieting gets old? And I know, I shouldn't really be "dieting"...it should just be me making better choices to remain healthy and fit. But damn, why do those poor choices taste so freakin' good? WHY?