Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree...

Let me start by saying that I LOVE Christmas.  I really do.  I love spending time with family.  I love that my girls are so excited about Santa and I can't wait to see their faces on Christmas morning.  I love eating (who doesn't?) and drinking wine (again, who doesn't?).  You get my drift.

But I must say that I have been getting really, very, excessively annoyed when I log on to Facebook and I check out people's perfect little posts.  "Great night decorating with the kids" or "presents all bought and wrapped".  Seriously people.

On Friday evening, we will be getting our Christmas tree.  I must wait until as close to Christmas as possible to avoid destruction of the tree.  I have a home daycare and every year I need to strategically plan on how to keep the kids away from the tree through a series of obstacles, baby equipment placement, and traps (well not traps, but it may come to that).  I want to say that I will have a post that goes something like this, "Great night singing Christmas carols, sipping hot chocolate, and watching my children gingerly place decorations on our beautiful tree!"

In reality, this is how the whole scenario will play out...We will get the tree, it will take about 30 minutes to trim the bottom to fit it in our tree stand.  Meanwhile, the girls will whine about how long it is taking.  Then we will get it in and there will be needles all over the floor.  I will have to vacuum immediately so the baby doesn't eat them.  We will open our ornament container and begin to place the ornaments on the tree.  Some will break.  Again, I will have to vacuum so that the baby does not eat them.  I will be overly fixated on making sure no tree hooks fall on the floor.  (If you haven't gotten the idea here, the baby puts everything in her mouth.)  We will finally get the tree decorated after at least 3 altercations about who will place what ornament on the tree.  Then it will be time to put the Irish angel on the top of the tree.  This will most likely be the mother of all fights...who will get the honor?  I am sure that my husband will just do it to avoid a problem...or each girl will get a chance.  This will involve taking the angel off and putting it back on 2 times.   

Whew...I am exhausted just thinking about it.  But it will be another great memory and I am sure I will get a picture of my little cherubs in front of the tree smiling like it was a breeze to get to that point...and I will be sweating on the other side of the lens.

A picture of my 2 little angels last year with our tree. 
(before Bridget was born in January)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Even though I am horrible at responding to comments, I read every one (even the spam comments trying to sell me cheap Christian Louboutins). Leave a nice comment and I will buy you a drink...someday.