But I doubt it.
So I have been thinking that maybe a clean, organized house is not in the cards for me. Here are my
1. I would LOVE to hire a cleaning lady. Problem is, I would have to clean up for the cleaning lady. Seriously, I just can't win here.
2. I work from home. And by "work" I mean I am home with my children and 4 other children on daily basis as a home daycare provider. So even though I am home all day, it might come as a shock to people that I don't have much time to get housework done with 6 kids here all day. Not only can I not get housework done, most of what I do get done gets UNDONE in about 5 minutes flat.
3. When I get one teeny tiny little smidgen of time to myself, I don't give a crap about cleaning. I feel guilty about sitting on my ass and watching TV when the kids are in bed and I should be doing one of the million things that needs to be done. But the guilt goes away with each passing minute of Real Housewives drama.
4. I have kids...plural. I look back at pictures when I only had my oldest daughter. My house was so neat and clutter free. It is sickening. And it seems like a distant memory or maybe something that happened in a past life. But it did happen and now it doesn't. Once I had my 2nd child I didn't have the time to clean up immediately after my older daughter made a mess. Then it just got to be more and more overwhelming. So maybe I just gave up. Who knows. Plus we 3 girls we have an extremely large collection of toys that take up half of a living room, a sun porch, 2 bedrooms...and sometimes the dining room, bathroom, my bedroom, and...okay, it takes up the whole house. I am thinking a move might have to happen sometime in our future.
5. Cleaning sucks. Bottom line..that is the truth.
I love a clean house...it is just the getting there that is the problem. So I am hoping as the kids get older and I have more time, I can get back to a clean,organized house. I plan on doing some of this myself but mainly by making my kids do it. Hey, I will pay them an allowance. I am figuring with 3 kids I can have them do at least 75% of the housework which I will call "chores" and it will be worth every penny.