A few months ago I took The Mom Pledge. It basically deals with encouraging and supporting other moms. I am all for this, trust me. But then I was thinking about times that moms tend to judge each other.
Here are some of those times:
1. When a kid is running lose at the park and mom seems completely unaware or just doesn't give a shit. She needs to watch her kid better.
2. When a mom is hovering over her 4 year old at the park like a protective mother bear and doesn't let the kids from her grip. She needs to cut the cord.
3. When a mom announces that her kid sleeps in her bed. OOOHHH, that's not good for you OR the kid.
4. When a mom says her kid is a a GREAT sleeper that never wakes up during the night. Yeah right, she's a liar.
5. When a kid is a picky eater. The mom obviously caters to the child or doesn't try to give them enough variety.
6. When a kid eats everything on their plate. The poor kid must be starving, or is heading for childhood obesity.
7. When the kid acts up in public. Wow, doesn't she ever discipline them!?
8. When the kid is too good in public. Ugh, she thinks her kid is so perfect. Whatever.
9. When mom never goes out anymore. She really needs to get out without her kids. Its so unhealthy to be with your kids all the time like that.
10. When mom goes out all the time. Like Moms Gone Wild. She must NEVER want to be with her kids. I feel bad for them.
11. When a mom always dresses casual. She should take more time for herself. You know, taking a brush to her hair and putting on a little lip gloss wouldn't hurt her.
12. When a mom is always dressed up. Who does she think she is? There is no need for full hair and makeup everyday. She must just neglect her kids while she gets ready every morning.
13. When the house is a mess. She must be a slob. Can't she find time to clean up?
14. When the house is clean. She has got to have a maid! That is the ONLY way that her house can be that clean.
So, as you can see...we are basically damned if we do and damned if we don't. Moms judge each other, whether we mean to do it or not. I am trying to get better at this. I really am. And let's face it, I am the last person that should be judging anyone!
What do you think? Are there some things that you judge others for (even when you know you shouldn't)?