Image from www.themomcafe.com
"Mom, can I have another snaaaaack?"
"Mom, what are we going to do todaaaaayyyyyy?"
Well, look no further than these little handy survival tips. Here you go, no need to thank me.
1. Have candy on hand for bribery. Yes, bribery works. Whoever told you otherwise is wrong. Or they just use corporal punishment and the last time I checked, that is illegal. So go with bribery.
2. Schedule nonstop play dates. Find friends or acquaintances or even random strangers at the grocery store and line up some play dates STAT. Spend as little one on one time with the kids as possible. They are generally better in a group. And if you are really lucky, another person's kid will have a complete meltdown and you will come home feeling like mom of the freakin' year.
Seriously? Play date business cards?
3. Buy some new DVDs and hide them. Then when the kids are just about to lose their minds, bring one out and say, "SURPRISE, look what new movie I bought for you!" This may give you anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes of peace.
4. Join a gym like the YMCA solely for the free childcare. If the kids are really on your last nerve, drop them off their and go work out some of the tension. If working out isn't your thing, then go sit in the lobby and drink coffee. Hide in the locker room and read a book. Stretch for a hour and listen to your Ipod. Just a few suggestions.
A "workout" can definitely lift your spirits.
5. Keep your "beverage" of choice handy and on ice at all times. Preferably when the kids are in bed. But you never know...and hey, it's summer. So what's the saying? It's 5 o'clock somewhere? It's also bedtime somewhere.