Friday, July 8, 2011

More Sunscreen Info

Re: my last post...Just so you don't think I am a spaz (which I am, but that is besides the point)...here is some info about the active ingredients in many sunscreens.

Active ingredients in sunscreen and associated concerns:
Octisalate- Allergies/immunotoxicity, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Enhanced skin absorption
Octocrylene- Persistence and bioaccumulation, Biochemical or cellular level changes
Octinoxate- Endocrine disruption, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Persistence and bioaccumulation, Enhanced skin absorption, Biochemical or cellular level changes

Oxybenzone (the most hazardous ingredient)- Developmental/reproductive toxicity, Endocrine disruption, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Persistence and bioaccumulation, Enhanced skin absorption, Biochemical or cellular level changes

Now I don't know about anyone else, but there is no way that I can have this information and still continue to use products with these ingredients. I can actually feel the anxiety building in me as I read it. (although, I am sure I need to be medicated...)

Source:
*check out the Environmental Working Group’s website for useful information…it will stress you out, but at least you will be informed-
www.ewg.org

1 comment:

Even though I am horrible at responding to comments, I read every one (even the spam comments trying to sell me cheap Christian Louboutins). Leave a nice comment and I will buy you a drink...someday.